|Title:||Power Systems Research Engineer|
|Department:||Power Systems Consulting|
Basic Function: Conducting engineering studies on wind, solar and other distributed generation plants, utility, industrial and commercial power systems at all voltage levels.
Power Systems Research Engineer
Education: Masters degree or foreign equivalent in Electrical Engineering or related field.
Experience: Minimum 12 months of work experience in Power Systems engineering
Skills: MATLAB, Windows, MS Visio
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct research studies & prepare reports on advanced power systems engineering topics.
- Perform power system reliability studies using analytical and simulation methods.
- Conduct wind plant studies by building advanced dynamic wind turbine models.
- Conduct research on future power systems considering the role of distributed generation resources, micro-grids and power system automation.
- Prepare and teach short courses to engineers working in the power industry on advanced power engineering topics through workshops organized by EnerNex.
EnerNex is an electric power engineering and consulting firm specializing in the development and application of new electric power technologies. EnerNex provides engineering services, consulting, and software development and customization for energy producers, distributors, users, and research organizations. Our focus is to help our customers understand and solve electric power related issues, as well as develop technology and expertise that will ultimately improve the operation and reliability of electric power systems