Consultant - Analyst
Under general direction, performs a wide variety of complex, difficult, and specialized advanced level professional financial, accounting, analytical, and administrative duties in support of the Smart Grid Engineering Group. Also responsible for operations and program areas including financial analysis, special projects, research studies, budget analysis, contract administration, and other specialized functions; prepares various reports to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations; coordinates assigned activities with other departments and divisions; and provides information and assistance to the Smart Grid Engineering Group regarding assigned programs and services.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Working knowledge of the Smart Grid as defined byt the U.S, Department of Energy (DOE) and related industry consortia.
· Possesses strong leadership skills, and can interface effectively with clients, peers, subordinates and work positively in a team environment.
· Fluent knowledge in broad business management functions including strategy, budgeting and resource allocation, coupled with consulting engineering experience.
· Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment and consistently meet deadlines.
· Exhibit both a professional demeanor and presence which instill both employee and client confidence.
· Problem solving and continuous improvement skills.
· Effective team player, willing to accept a leadership role, both internally and externally, in collaborating on strategic initiatives and opportunities to drive business growth.
· Demonstrated ability to carry out responsibilities of a project lead including strong management and organizational skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills to effectively communicate with clients, peers, and management.
· Demonstrated ability to read, comprehend, analyze and interpret energy industry and regulatory reports, filings, orders, journals, periodicals, and electronic news services.
· Ability to travel out of town on assignments of more than two days in duration.
· Advanced methods and techniques of statistical and financial analysis, data collection, research, and report preparation.
· Understanding of the operational characteristics, services and activities of a utilities program.
· Research, analyze and evaluate programs, policies and procedures.
· Collect, evaluate and interpret complex information and data through organizational studies and analyses.
· Prepare clear and concise administrative and financial reports for varying audiences.
· Interpret financial and technical information for a variety of audiences.
· Independently prepare correspondence and memoranda.
· Operate office equipment including computers and supporting applications.
· Adapt to changing technologies and learn functionality of new equipment and systems.
· Organize and prioritize work flow.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
· Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in economics, engineering, public administration, business administration or a related field. A Master's degree in a related field is desirable.
· Demonstrated proficiency in productivity and data analysis software including Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word. Knowledge of Microsoft Access and Project a plus.
· Three years of increasingly responsible administrative, engineering, and/or technical/analytical experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Performs a wide variety of complex, difficult, and specialized advanced journey level professional financial, research, administrative, and analytical duties in support of assigned Smart Grid Engineering functions, operations, and program areas; performs duties in support of various administrative operations and activities within assigned area of responsibility including financial analysis, analysis of utility billing activities, special projects, research studies, budget analysis, and other specialized functions.
· Provides a full range of financial information, analysis, and support to the Smart Grid Engineering group; analyzes and interprets financial reports of revenues, operations, capital projects, and loans; prepares projections used for planning purposes.
· Administers and coordinates significant and complex functions or projects; participates in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, and priorities for assigned functions or programs; recommends resulting policies and procedures.
· Prepares and presents complex technical, administrative, and financial analytical and statistical reports that present and interpret data, identify alternatives, and present and justify conclusions, forecasts, and recommendations based on data summaries and other findings.
· Consults Utilities on budget development and administration for assigned area of responsibility; analyzes proposed capital, operating, and maintenance expenditures; prepares reports and analyses related to impact of budgetary decisions; prepares financial forecasts.
· Develops financial models for operating the various utilities.
· Provides assistance in resolving operational and administration issues; identifies issues and conducts research to find alternative solutions; makes and assists in the implementation of recommendations.
· Coordinates, implements, and monitors special projects within assigned area of responsibility; performs complex research and analysis of new programs, services, policies, and procedures; prepares and presents reports.
· Plans, coordinates, and evaluates activities associated with assigned contracts; participates in research and evaluation of proposed contractual obligations and agreements; assists in contract negotiations and administration; monitors compliance with applicable contractual agreements.
· Provides highly responsible assistance to higher-level management staff.
· Coordinates and collaborates with departments, divisions, and outside agencies; public and private organizations, community groups and other social organizations; provides information and serves as a resource.
· Attends and participates in professional group meetings; stays abreast of new developments within assigned area of responsibility; maintains awareness of federal, state and local regulations.
· Performs related duties as required.